Waterton Academy Trust acknowledges the importance of high-quality professional development for all team members, and believes that investing in training and upskilling existing staff members is vital to raising educational standards and improving a school’s overall effectiveness.
Our Leaders and Trustees recognise that support staff hold a key role in ensuring that children reach their full potential and to make accelerated progress. Targeted support and high quality professional development will help to achieve this.
As a collective of 13 primary schools with over 4000 children and staff in our school communities we are uniquely placed to accurately determine the needs of primary colleagues and to deliver a programme of learning to Teaching Assistants which meets these needs.
What Waterton can offer
- A tailor made programme which exceeds the requirements of the L3 standard whilst incorporating the latest research, to ensure that all learning is evidence based
- A programme which is based purposefully around the role of TAs in primary schools, spread over 16 months to ensure a well-balanced approach to learning and ample opportunity to implement new skills and gather evidence
- High quality tutors who are former Headteachers and qualified teachers
- Training is fully funded via the apprenticeship levy, and our team will manage this process on your behalf
- Face to face delivery and review sessions which allow development of relationships between peers and a supportive environment. Learners and schools benefit from ongoing shared best practice in the classroom
- A commitment to ensuring both an in-school mentor and dedicated tutor to support learners throughout their journey