This unique course is centred on evidence-based learning and current educational research, exceeding the requirements of the TA Apprenticeship Standard.
Our programme of learning is delivered to the highest possible standard, meeting the needs of both learner and employer. The learner gains a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification, as well as developing knowledge and skills which assure improved performance back in the classroom.
The employer has an opportunity to upskill their workforce, with the learner having the opportunity to apply knowledge, skills and behaviours gained from the very first face-to-face session to ensure best practice in their own settings.
The programme allows employers to make best use of the Apprenticeship Levy and provides a significant opportunity for staff retention.
Our team are motivated to ensure that learners both enjoy their time on programme and succeed in their training, with an ultimate end goal of improving outcomes for children.
Our programme is delivered as 8 formal training modules, over 8 half-terms, followed by a preparation for EPA session.
- Module 1: Understanding the role and making effective use of teaching assistants
- Module 2: Understanding how pupils learn and develop
- Module 3: Understanding and improving behaviour in schools
- Module 4: Developing pupils to become independent learners
- Module 5: Keeping children safe in education
- Module 6: Working with teachers to understand and support assessment for learning
- Module 7: Delivering targeted support
- Module 8: Understanding the curriculum
- Module 9: End point assessment (EPA) preparation